Hello and welcome to my small slice of the internet,
I'm an award winning author and journalist writing (mostly) about the intersection of fashion and capitalism. Newsletters from the past year include short original stories commenting on Shein, Patagonia, and climate justice for garment workers.
I've also launched Patched - a new series where people can write to me with a fashion (or fashion-adjacent) question, and I’ll reply with a letter from an anti-capitalist perspective. You’ll need to subscribe for free to read Patched. If you do, you’ll get two free emails a month. One regular newsletter plus Patched.
What else you need to know:
- My newsletter is free.
- I use Ghost.org to run my newsletter and website because it is open source and non-profit.
- I do not use AI to write anything. Ever.
- I won't take money or freebies from brands, or do product placements.
- My journalism will remain independent. I have no interest in using my work to create a comfortable atmosphere for brands.
- Expect a focus on worker’s rights and environmentalism, capitalism, globalisation, and gendered, racialised, class-based exploitation.
- Plus you’ll get news about my work - including any new books, and the inside story for my articles. Plus info on books, films, exhibitions, and campaigns that are worth checking out.
- My aim is to keep in touch with people outside of Twitter and Meta/Facebook. As the fashion industry becomes more authoritarian and the climate crisis intensifies, it's important we connect, talk and act on our own terms.
In solidarity, Tansy.